Larry and I were married August 16, 1980. That’s thirty years ago for those of you who are slow doing math. (I highly recommend getting married in a year ending with a zero. It makes figuring out how long you’ve been married much easier). I was 27 and Larry was 25. Yes, I married a younger man. (But in my defense, I thought he was older than me when we first met).
Here are a few photos from that day. Please, no mocking of the clothing or hairstyles. Well, if you must mock, be gentle…heck, if it’s a funny comment, go ahead and mock away.
Here we are, the newly married Laurence (Larry) and Shauna Byers.
We were married in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, San Lorenzo, California by my bishop. My father and oldest brother helped build this chapel in the 60’s and it’s the one I grew up with. I wanted only family to attend the ceremony. We then had a luncheon in the “Scout Room.” After that we had a big reception for friends and family.
My sister, Judy, and Larry’s brother, Barry were our attendants.
Our parents, Max and Evelyn Smith, and Marguerite and William (Bill) Byers
The Smith side of the family, from left to right: Andy and Judy(sister); Greg (brother), Jan and baby Jordan Smith; my parents, Max and Evelyn; little Kevin Smith (Greg and Jan’s son); me, Robert Huggins; Larry; Kay (sister), Bill and Cherie Huggins.
The Byers side of the family, from left to right: Stephen Eaton; father Bill Byers; Mary Lynne (sister); mother Marguerite; Jennifer Eaton; Sandra Eaton (sister); me; Larry; Sean Eaton; Barry (brother); Suzanne (sister); and Michael Eaton (married to Sandra).
I chose spice cake with apple filling. It was tasty! I saved the plastic doves from the top of the cake. Each Christmas I use them as part of our Christmas tree decorations. I nestle them into the top of the tree.
What a beautiful couple! It's always nice to see a love story with a happy ending. Happy 30th anniversary -- and many, many more!
ReplyDeletePS How about a PS with photos of Meg and Kevin?