Friday, December 24, 2010

Smith and Byers Christmas 1950’s Style

Here are some Christmas photos from Larry’s and my families for your perusal:

1 Christmas Smith Kids 1955 #1

The Smith kids in 1955: Me, Kim, Greg, Kay and Judy.  I was three years old. We’re in front of the fireplace in our San Lorenzo home.

2 Christmas Smith Kids 19553 Christmas Judy Shauna Greg 1955 I seem to have a smug mug in this photo.

4 Christmas Judy Shauna Greg I have no idea why I look upset. Crazed, actually.

5 Christmas Judy Shauna 1955A wacky smile on my face. Maybe too much fudge and divinity?

6 Christmas Santa 1955We’re anxiously awaiting Santa!

8 Christmas Smith Kids1957 Christmas 1958. I was 6 years old. This is what color photos look like after 50 years. Sort of like looking through rose-colored glasses. My mother made my ballerina outfit/costume. It was blue satin with a pink tutu. I used my slipper socks as ballet shoes.

10 Christmas Judy Shauna Greg 1957 We got quite a haul that year; toys we actually played with for years. There’s a metal dollhouse, a blue pedal powered car, a small piano, doll clothes carriers, and an inflatable horse. (OK, I don’t think the horse made it past a year).

11 Christmas Byers Kids 1958 Here is Larry’s family in 1958. He was 3. There’s Barry, Sandra, Larry and Suzanne. Youngest sister Mary Lynne wouldn’t be born for another three years. Isn’t Larry cute?

12 Christmas Larry Barry  1958I don’t know what made Larry have such an astonished expression, but Barry is cool and calm.

13 Christmas Larry Age 6 My favorite. Larry looks so cute and excited for Christmas to come.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and good times remembering the old times.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures of Dad as a kid. No wonder I'm so attractive! ;) I can't wait to look through all the ones you have from Grandma Byers :)

    ReplyDelete