Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lucky Larry

Larry came home from Kmart with a funny expression on his face. He explained, “I was at the checkout, and suddenly a red light started flashing. I remembered what had happened with you ( You, Too, May Be a Winner ), so I didn’t get too excited. i felt embarrassed.”

The cashier told him in a flat voice, “You’ve won a prize, a package of Orbit gum. Which flavor would you like?”

Unimpressed, especially because Larry doesn’t chew gum, he told her to give him the most popular flavor. The cashier brought an assortment, fanned out like a deck of cards. Larry just picked one and was on his way.  

Larry 005I think this is Larry’s attempt at looking bemused. I told him it looked like a police mug shot!

 

Larry 006Rather than looking like someone who had just been arrested, I asked Larry to look excited. Does this remind you of anyone…?

 

I Won a Prize!                                             Oh yeah.

5 comments:

  1. You are so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, Anonymous! Who are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! You ARE a winner!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures. So funny. And so lucky!
    Maybe next time it'll be a prize you can really be excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw the pictures of you and Dad being goofy and I realize how much weirdness I've genetically inheirited. And I'm proud of it! "Daddy weirdness, daddy weirdness..."

    ReplyDelete