Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mishmash

Can’t Touch This: I wanted to surprise Larry by cleaning the screen of his new Blackberry Storm 2. Whoa, do not try to wipe off a touch screen while the phone is turned on! Things were flashing on the screen and I had no idea how to control them. I felt like Chuck, watching The Intersect.

image

 Ratings: I wish books came with ratings, like movies. I can read book reviews online, but no one mentions if there’s language, violence or sex issues. In my small town, I can’t find the book on the shelves, but have to request it to be sent from other libraries. It’s disappointing to finally check out the book and find it’s not PG or maybe PG-13.

Punny: After seeing a promo for Dancing With the Stars, Larry said, “Did you know they’re going to do Dancing With the Stars in Russia? It’ll be called Dancing with the Czars.”

image

Needs an Explanation: After seeing a seagull fly by, Kevin said out of the blue, “In seventh grade, we were finally successful with getting a seagull to eat some pizza with Alka Seltzer in it.” What?

REALLY Needs an Explanation: …”I can stand up to special interests because I refuse contributions from insurance companies. I am a proven fighter, even after my colleague was shot in the head. I led recall of corrupt officials in my Southern California hometown…”   From Hector De La Torre’s statement in the “Democratic Party Candidate Statements.”  He’s running for California Insurance Commissioner. What?!!

3 comments:

  1. Larry's joke about the czars was passably amusing. But your addition of the photo made me laugh out loud. Ha!

    PS Don't leave us hanging . . . how did the seagull react to the alka seltzer in the pizza?

    -- Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, Kevin and his friends had heard Alka Seltzer would kill a seagull, but the seagull just flew away after having a fine pizza lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We came, we read, we laughed--I thought Dancing with the Czars was funny. Never heard of seagulls and the Alka Seltzer connection before. Who knew? Obviously Kevin did. Maybe it just takes a while for the Alka Seltzer to do its work.

    ReplyDelete