Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Rude Awakening

I haven’t blogged in over a month, despite requests from my fans.(Well, just my sisters-in law Jan and Suzanne. OK, that’s not a lot of fans, but it is plural). I just haven’t felt very bloggy lately. But today’s early morning incident tickled my blogging fancy.

We had a 6:20 AM wake-up call this morning from a crop duster. How rude! NNNEEEEOOOooowww!!! Try to pronounce that word like the sound of a dive bomber flying over your house, making passes every few minutes. My brother, Greg, should be good at it. He made great sound effects when he used to play with his little green Army men. I think most boys make realistic gunshot and explosion sounds.

imageWe live near the edge of town and are used to crop dusters working over the nearby cotton fields, but shouldn’t it be illegal that early in the morning?

It wasn’t just the interrupted sleep that bothered me. It was a loss of unconsciousness, therefore a loss of pain free time for me (Migraine Land).  I thought about calling the police, but what could they do? Pull the guy over?

3 comments:

  1. The Police might not be able to do much, but a potato gun would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's funny! We had a neighbor who used to shoot off one of those things into the field behind their house. It was just made of PVC pipe, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sound effects! You're right about boys, too. Ask Larry to do "Peerless Stages."

    -- Suzy

    ReplyDelete